The 8th Warwicks (Stratford) Home Guard Rifle Club
N.S.R.A. 3761 Home Office Approval 1998-35-06-12-39
The Home Guard was reformed on the 28th April 1952, when the Cold War and the Suez war were looming.
The 8th Warwickshire Battalion were formed with Lt Colonel Newey (from Ingon in charge)The H G was disbanded on the 31 July 1957
The Club was formed from the disbanded H G and the first meeting was on the 7th Oct 1957 Shooting was on Monday nights at the Drill Hall in Stratford.Owing to emergency disruptions, shooting at the Drill Hall was on many occasions cancelled.The Club shot at Warwick School and also at Long Marston camp on occasions.
Shooting became difficult and eventually in around 1987 the empty Building was found at Bearley and a Lease was signed with Arthur Arrowsmith on the 1st April 1984.It took members 6 months hard work to convert the building and get the M O D to pass it as suitable for use as a Range. The first shot was fired on 3 Nov 1989!Since then the Club has increased its Membership in spite of the Pistol Ban and now has more than 100Members, including many Juniors. We have 5 Lanes for Rifle and 3 dedicated Air Rifle/Pistol Lanes.The Club has a full programme of Competition shooting.Shooting is now on all nights of the week and at most weekends, catering for anything suitable fromAir Rifle/Pistol right up to .44 C F Rifle.
You will be have a warm welcome!
The Club can be contacted as follows:The Secretary on 07989815308 E Mail: email@example.com Website: www.8thwarwicks.org.uk